By Staff Reporter
Simon Sepaka and a passenger were brutally gunned down on Thursday night in Alexandra
Sepaka and his still unidentified passenger are two of the six victims murdered between 6pm on Thursday and Friday morning.
Sepaka’s younger sister Neo Molobela and other family members showed TimesLIVE the Toyota vehicle in which Sepaka met his tragic and brutal end.
“Why did they have to kill them? His cellphone was still there, his jacket and cash, just less than R100,” Molobela sobbed
The window on the passenger side of the vehicle — now parked in front of the family’s house — was smashed, temporarily covered with plastic sheeting. A male family member who did not want to be named opened the driver’s door and gestured inside.
“There were two shooters. One came from the left and fired through the passenger window and the other fired through Simon’s door which was partially open,” the family member said. Blood spatter, still visible on the inside of the hinge on the driver side door, seemed to confirm the open-door theory.
Molobela is angry. “If I could see [police minister] Bheki Cele now I will ask him why there are not enough police on our streets. If there were more police this could never have happened so casually.”
Molobela says her taxi driver brother’s death is heartbreaking, but the real pain will be felt by his 13- and 7-year-old children.
“My brother was a good man, he had no enemies. We are all still confused and shocked at his passing,” said Molobela, 36.
“I received the call that he was shot about ten minutes after midnight. I was in Diepsloot at the time and rushed to the place where he was killed, but by the time I arrived they had already taken him away.”
Molobela said her brother will be buried next week in Tzaneen.
This article was first published by SowetanLive