By Staff Reporter
An award-winning muso and actress, Candy Tsamandebele, will host a two-day music workshop that will give priority to women. The workshop is called ‘Limpopo Women In Music’.
The event will be held on May 12-13, 2021.
It will be held in Ga-Kgapane at Shidila Lodge, a township known to host Bolobedu Get Together, one of Bolobedu’s well-known music festivals, where Candy normally performs.
The Limpopo Women In Music aims to use the experiences of established artists and music professionals behind closed doors to educate and empower participants.
Candy released Mmabhula, her most recent single, with DJ Call Me.
The event was triggered by Candy’s social media accounts which were flooded with messages from upcoming artists, especially women, looking for advice.
The panel is made up of:
1. Candy, on packing and selling the Khelobedu traditional music and the culture brand without distorting its meanings and values.
2. Hloni Modise, a veteran music publicist who will be focusing on the elements of selling artists in the media, from putting together press kits to single selection, to radio plugging and handling media interviews.
3. Hellen Seabi, one of Limpopo’s famous music compilers currently working at Capricorn FM. Her participation in the workshop is important to the musical scene in Limpopo.
4. Pollet Nakana, one of the founders of the Annual Bolobedu Get Together Music Festival, will share her expertise as a promoter and how that benefits the artists on top of what the music festival promoters look for when booking artists.
5. Dr. Winnie Mashaba will tell her story about being discovered by a legend, becoming one and how this trip contributed to Limpopo’s gospel music.
6. Esta M, an artist who understands the art of marketing XiTsonga’s traditional music to the masses. .
Limpopo Women In Music is organized by Mosekedi Entertainment and is led to Bolobedu by the National Arts Council, Department of Sports, Arts and Culture, Capricorn FM, and Drip Footwear.