COMPANY: Pelchem (SOC) Ltd
VACANCY: Day Team Assistant
STATUS: Permanent position
SALARY BAND: B1G
REF NO: EC15583
Be part of Pelchem, the sole fluorochemicals manufacturer and supplier in the Southern Hemisphere.
Dynamic changes in the industry combined with an increasing portfolio and the need to enhance the South African fluorochemicals sector has necessitated Pelchem to embark on expansion and growth trajectory.
To support the Day Team Supervisor in ensuring that all final products are bagged/drummed or filled into ISO’s and cylinders, in accordance with client requirements, while ensuring compliance with the various quality and safety standards.
Key Performance Areas
• Perform the day activities in line with approved work instructions, guidelines and management directives;
• Assist management in updating of work instructions;
• Monitor day activities to ensure that what is required is met and do corrections accordingly;
• Report all operating defects to the Shift Foreman or Day Team Supervisor;
• Register product data on relevant systems;
• Ensure bagged/drummed products are packed and dispatched to client on time and as per specifications;
• KOH scrubber systems;
• AHF filling to ISO tankers, containers and Cylinders as required for internal and external clients;
• Take Samples and write up results; and
• Manage the administration through the requisition system to ensure materials/equipment is available for end products. (Pallets, labels, containers, drums, raw materials, cleaning, wrapping PPE).
Compliance with SHEQ requirements
• Adhere to safety regulations and requirements; and
• Ensure PPE is in a good condition and correctly worn in the workplace.
Job specific competencies and knowledge
• Basic understanding of Occupational Health and Safety Act.
• Basic understanding of ISO 9000 quality standard.
• Basic understanding of ISO 14000 standards.
Job related skills
• Communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• Trust and Integrity
• Ethical behavior
• Decisive and accountable
• Team player
• Must be able to work under pressure
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum Qualification Requirements: Grade 12 with Mathematics and Science.
• Minimum Experience: 1 – 3 years’ experience in chemical plant operations.
Closing date: 19 March 2021.
Ms. Khanyisa Maluleke
Tel: 012 305 4708
Building: Beva E3/E4
Room: 325K (Third floor)
Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to Recruitment@pelchem.co.za
The appointment of a candidate is subject to the outcome of medical and security checks. The suitable candidate will be selected with the intention of promoting diversity and achieving EE targets as contemplated in the relevant Pelchem Employment Equity Plan.
Pelchem is a member of the Necsa Group.
The company strives to improve our employment equity targets. Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.